Thursday, March 31, 2016

Post #7 Lacoste Trunk Show Fall/ Winter 2014-2015

Although a trunk show is an opportunity for clients to pre-order ready-to-wear pieces before the collection arrives in store, it’s also an opportunity for a designer to connect with their clientele. Making that connection with clientele builds relationships that encourage later sales. In the article, Why Altuzarra remains committed to trunk shows” Joseph Altuzarra states “After working on the collection and drawing and fittings, it’s probably the biggest thing that I do,” he said. It allows him to deepen his relationship with important retailers and gives him direct access to clients in all primary and many secondary markets in the U.S., as well as abroad.” (Fashionista.com)


The reason I think that this Lacoste trunk show is special and important is that it looked more like a party then a show. There were people talking, interacting, and looked like they were having a good time. Relationships were being cultivated during this show and it didn’t come off as pretentious. I believe that Altuzarra has the right idea about deepening relationships. It seemed as though this trunk show was a good example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment